Saturday, February 18, 2017

Rope Halter Review

Awhile back, I decided to try out a rope halter (top picture) for the first time with my horses, instead of the more popular nylon halters (bottom picture) that I had grown up using. The rope halter was highly recommended by my trainer and other horse professionals that I had talked to. So, I decided to try it out and buy one for my horse Memphis. At first it was difficult for me to learn how to tie the halter so it wouldn't fall off, but after a while I got the hang of it. My horse seems to like it and he responded a lot better to the pressure he received when he tried pulling away. Because the rope is thinner than a normal nylon halter, the horse can feel the pressure of it and can ignore it or push through it like the nylon ones. I like the fact the rope halters don't have any form of metal on them that my horse could injure itself with. Especially the clip that is used to take the halter on and off. Also, the rope halter was better for my 15.3 hands tall (63 inches at the wither) horse and me who is only 5'1". After I had worked with this halter with one of my horses, I decided that it was a great halter and I needed to buy one for my other horse. This was one of the best purchases I made more my horses and myself. I have noticed that over the years, these halters are becoming more popular, especially among trainers and professionals. I am really happy with this purchase and I would recommend them to all who own a horse. 






No comments:

Post a Comment